EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server Directory Traversal
|CVSS Base Score
ESA-2015-110: EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability
EMC Identifier: ESA-2015-110
CVE Identifier: CVE-2015-0550
Severity Rating: CVSS v2 Base Score: 8.5 (AV:N/AC:L/Au:N/C:C/I:N/A:P)
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 6.7SP1
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 6.7SP2
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 7.0
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 7.1
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 7.2
EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server contains a directory traversal vulnerability that could potentially be exploited by malicious users to compromise the affected system.
EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server is affected by a directory traversal vulnerability that could potentially be exploited by malicious users to gain unauthorized access to contents in the Content Server.
The following EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server hotfixes contains resolutions to this vulnerability:
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 6.7 SP1 HFX (install with EMC Documentum Content Server 6.7SP1P32)
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 6.7 SP2 HFX (install with EMC Documentum Content Server 6.7SP2P25)
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 7.0 HFX (install with EMC Documentum Content Server 7.0P19)
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 7.1 HFX (install with EMC Documentum Content Server 7.1P16)
• EMC Documentum Thumbnail Server 7.2 HFX (install with EMC Documentum Content Server 7.2P01)
Note that each Thumbnail Server hotfix needs to be installed along with the respective Content Server patch mentioned above or a higher version to fully mitigate the issue. Earlier Content Server patches are incompatible with these Thumbnail Server hotfixes.
EMC recommends all customers apply the appropriate Thumbnail Server hotfix, and the corresponding Content Server patch, at the earliest opportunity.
Link to remedies:
Customers can download software as follows:
• Thumbnail Server - https://support.emc.com/downloads/4753_Thumbnail-Server
• Documentum Content Server: along with https://support.emc.com/downloads/2732_Content-Server
Read and use the information in this EMC Security Advisory to assist in avoiding any situation that might arise from the problems described herein. If you have any questions regarding this product alert, contact EMC Software Technical Support at 1-877-534-2867.
For an explanation of Severity Ratings, refer to EMC Knowledgebase solution emc218831. EMC recommends all customers take into account both the base score and any relevant temporal and environmental scores which may impact the potential severity associated with particular security vulnerability.
EMC recommends that all users determine the applicability of this information to their individual situations and take appropriate action. The information set forth herein is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. EMC disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event, shall EMC or its suppliers, be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if EMC or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
EMC Product Security Response Center
Copyright 2017, cxsecurity.com