# Onapsis Security Advisory 2021-0007: Exposure of Sensitive
Information to an Unauthorized Actor
## Impact on Business
An attacker can generate download-links sequentially targeting "impex"
files. As a consequence, they will be able download most of these files,
potentially disclosing critical Hybris information such as credentials.
## Advisory Information
- Public Release Date: 06/14/2021
- Security Advisory ID: ONAPSIS-2021-0007
- Researcher: Gaston Traberg
## Vulnerability Information
- Vendor: SAP
- Affected Components:
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1808
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1811
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 1905
- SAP Hybris eCommerce 2005
- Vulnerability Class: [CWE-200] Exposure of Sensitive Information to
an Unauthorized Actor
- CVSS v3 score: 7.5 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N)
- Risk Level: High
- Assigned CVE: CVE-2020-26809
- Vendor patch Information: SAP Security NOTE 2975189
## Affected Components Description
SAP Hybris is an ecommerce platform that is used to address a family
of products involving
Customer Experience and Management. The "medias" module is responsible
for providing users a
secure way to upload and access files in the system.
## Vulnerability Details
When a file is uploaded into Hybris using the "medias" module, part of
the destination path is
generated using user-provided information and some other static
context data kept by Hybris.
The user-controlled part is the only one that changes among uploaded
files and therefore it's
possible to sequentially craft download-links (bruteforcing) with the
goal of accessing prior
uploaded files. Among these files it is possible to find critical ones such as
those inside the 'impex' directory.
SAP has released SAP Note 2975189 which provide patched versions of the
The patches can be downloaded
Onapsis strongly recommends SAP customers to download the related
security fixes and apply them to the affected components in order to
reduce business risks.
## Report Timeline
- 08-25-2020: Onapsis provides details to SAP
- 08-25-2020: SAP provides SR ID
- 09-09-2020: SAP provides update: "Vulnerability is in progress"
- 10-12-2020: SAP provides update: "Fix in progress"
- 02-09-2021: SAP releases SAP Note fixing the issue. Vulnerability is
* Onapsis blogpost: https://onapsis.com/blog/sap-security-notes-november-2020
* CVE Mitre: https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-26809
* Vendor Patch: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2975189
## About Onapsis Research Labs
Onapsis Research Labs provides the industry analysis of key security
issues that impact business-critical systems and applications.
Delivering frequent and timely security and compliance advisories with
associated risk levels, Onapsis Research Labs combine in-depth knowledge
and experience to deliver technical and business-context with sound
security judgment to the broader information security community.
Find all reported vulnerabilities at
## About Onapsis, Inc.
Onapsis protects the mission-critical applications that run the global economy,
from the core to the cloud. The Onapsis Platform uniquely delivers actionable
insight, secure change, automated governance and continuous monitoring
systems—ERP, CRM, PLM, HCM, SCM and BI applications—from leading
vendors such as SAP,
Oracle, Salesforce and others, while keeping them protected and compliant.
For more information, connect with us on Twitter or LinkedIn, or visit
This advisory is licensed under a [Creative Commons 4.0 BY-ND
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly