I found two ways to cause a denial of service on the Microsoft Office Publisher, this is done by creating a malformed file with the following characteristics:
The first is to create a new file and modifying hexadicimal with an editor from the direction 00006B90 to 00006D90 with the letter "A", that causes the publisher fails, when you open with a debugger like ollydbg I strip the following exception
Access violation when reading 
Here I leave the proof of concept
The following causes the crash programme. We make a new file and adds an option to "wordart" inserting many letters "A", we open with a hex editor and change from the direction 000077D0 to 000079B0 with the letter "A".
I leave the proof of concept:
Juan Pablo Lopez Yacubian