Product: Genesys PureConnect - Interaction Web Tools Chat Service
Description: Interaction Web Tools Chat Service allows XSS within the Printable Chat History via the participant -> name JSON POST parameter.
Vulnerability Type: XSS
Vendor of Product: Genesys PureConnect
Affected Product Code Base: Interaction Web Tools - Chat Service - Appears to be all versions up to current release (26-September-2019)
Affected Component: "Print" feature of the Interaction Web Tools Chat: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/web_tools_dg.pdf
• To exploit the Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability, visit https://<vulnerable-domain>/I3Root/chatOrCallback.html
• Then select the 'I don't have an account" option, and enter the name "><script>alert(1)</script>
• Then press 'Start Chat'
• Then enter anything in the chat box like 'asdfg' and press send
• Now select the 'Printable Chat History' in the top right corner
• XSS will trigger. You can google dork for vulnerable versions with inurl:"/I3Root/chatOrCallback.html"
I'm assuming if an admin tries to print the chat conversation, it will trigger for them as well. Unable to confirm though.